What is Dietetics?
Dietetics is a discipline that promotes the practice of “eat well to live well” in order to remain healthy.
Dietetics aims at improving health by studying the nutritional value of food and by determining the appropriate diet for each individual.
To offer timely and high quality nutritional advice to external and hospitalised patients.
For individuals seeking lifestyle changes through diet and exercise, our FVH Dietician offers private consultations during which advice can be provided for a large variety of nutritional issues:
- Principles of healthy eating, avoidance of dietary deficiencies, helping correct child growth, promoting well-being and good health, disease prevention
- Adequate dietary balance for infants, children, teenagers, sedentary persons, persons with important physical activity, athletes, elderly people, pregnant women, breast-feeding mothers
- Specific advice for medical conditions such as diabetes, heart disease, high blood pressure, kidney failure, malnutrition, food allergies/intolerances, gastrointestinal disorders, weight management, hypercholesterolemia, appetite disorders…
Our FVH Dietician and Nutritionist team takes care of patients with specific diets or nutritional requirements.
Meals are personalized with regards to patient preferences, intolerances, allergies and specific medical conditions such as diabetes, cardiac condition, etc.
Our team assists patients by monitoring diet tolerance, providing diet education and monitoring the effectiveness of the nutrition care plan.
After their hospitalisation patients may have follow-up diet consultation on an out-patient basis.
How is our Dietician working?
Each individual has specific diet requirements, this explains why our FVH Dietician offers personalised advice:
- Our Dietician gathers all information required, medical or non-medical, from you and your physician(s) in order to put together the most appropriate nutritional plan which will be closely monitored.
- Our Dietician also provides education for you to better understand your diet, guide you and support you to make sure the nutritional plan decided will be successful.
- Tools are provided to plan your meals, use appropriate recipes, choose food at grocery and supermarket, calculate calories, understand food categories and so on.